Unit testing and synced realms

ros
cloud

I have a local realm and have been relying heavily on unit testing of local in-memory realms to maintain quality of my app. Now I am converting my Realm Cloud and I have found that it is impossible to use classes containing permissions in my unit tests. These objects are just not compatible with local realms. I understand that permissions only make sense for synced realms. However, I do want to keep my unit tests, and wish to be able to do this without having to run them connected to an object server.

Is there a way to create a configuration that allows for opening objects including permissions in java? I get errors when I try to add Permission objects to the local module. If not, what is the recommended way to unit test my app? I tried looking through the documentation but didn’t find anything that could help me out.

Check this link, may be helpful. The answer is about c#, but I guess in Java will be similar.
https://forums.realm.io/t/synced-fine-grained-permissions-and-local-realm-what-is-the-best-practice-for-models/1492/5?u=radek

@Radek No, it doesn’t work in Java. Adding the permission class to the local module yields an exception :confused: