setState doesn't update UI when called inside listener callback

(Aurelio Petrone) #1

Hi guys, I have a problem with realm-js.

I posted a question on StackOverflow, but even if I added a bounty ( for what is worth :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:) I haven’t received any answers. After some days of testing, I ended up thinking that the problem might be related to realm.

Briefly, the problem is that setState() called in a listener callback doesn’t update the UI properly. In fact, after setState, the render method run well and the data is up to date but the ui (DOM?) is not updated until I do something else (running an animation, tap on the screen )

If I debug js remotely, the problem disappears (can’t say why)

Here the stackOverflown question:

Thanks for reading.

(Aurelio Petrone) #2

UPDATED QUESTION on StackOverflow

(Aurelio Petrone) #3

After more than 10 days I still can’t use a core feature. My code doesn’t seem to have issues…

@kneth @ianward

(Aurelio Petrone) #4

Still got the problem. I wrote to support @eric.mossman.

I sent a video of the problem on a real device and the source code of my app.

@kneth @ianward

(Aurelio Petrone) #5

Any updates? @kneth @ianward @eric.mossman

(Aurelio Petrone) #6

Guys, as now I have 3 app published on the store that are using realm (both AppStore and PlayStore). I couldn’t solve this problem and I have it from May of the last year! Someone from the support forum contacted me to solve this but he disappeared, we couldn’t arrange an appointment even if I said to him that I was available at any time he wanted.

I asked also for payed support but nothing! I don’t what else I can do! It’s really annoying!

Please help me cause I can’t continue to use Realm with no support! I have 3 payed accounts, it’s 1000$/year and I’m paying it from at least 6 months now…we have planned to use realm for others 15 instances of our app so we was thinking to get a manger cloud or 15 plan of 30$/month but I need at least a minimum support!

(Brian Munkholm) #7

Hi Aurelio,
Very sorry you have had this experience. I’ll ping support.
But in the meantime, could you elaborate what’s not working as your last comment in SO is that the workaround works for you.