This effort lays a new foundation that further increases the stability and performance of the Realm Database and will allow us to quickly release and iterate on new features in the future.
A few highlights:
- The new architecture makes it faster to look up objects based on a primary key.
- iOS benchmarks show faster insertions, twice as fast sorting, and ten times faster deletions.
- Code simplifications yielded a ten percent reduction in total lines of code and a smaller library.
- Realm files are now much smaller when storing big blobs or large transactions.
- Realm now supports Frozen Objects, making it easier to use Realm with reactive frameworks.
For further details please see the Realm Database 6.0 Release Announcement.