"Fody: No weavers found for the configuration entries realmweaver"

Hi!

I’m trying to create a WPF application using Realm. I have followed the steps for Realm on Windows and have created an example application, installed Realm via nuget.

However, when I try to run the application, Fody can’t find a weaver for the configuration specified via RealmWeaver.

Error: "Fody: No weavers found for the configuration entries RealmWeaver. Add the desired weavers via their nuget package."

On nuget I can’t find any “RealmWeaver.Fody”, nor can it use the RealmWeaver.Fody.dll that I can build myself from realm-dotnet repository and add as a reference to my example application’s project.

Any ideas on how I can proceed?

Here is my packages.config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<packages>
  <package id="Fody" version="5.0.1" targetFramework="net472" developmentDependency="true" />
  <package id="Microsoft.NETCore.Platforms" version="2.2.0" targetFramework="net472" />
  <package id="NETStandard.Library" version="2.0.3" targetFramework="net472" />
  <package id="Newtonsoft.Json" version="12.0.2" targetFramework="net472" />
  <package id="Realm" version="3.4.0" targetFramework="net472" />
  <package id="Realm.Database" version="3.4.0" targetFramework="net472" />
  <package id="Realm.DataBinding" version="1.2.0" targetFramework="net472" />
  <package id="Remotion.Linq" version="2.2.0" targetFramework="net472" />
  <package id="System.Reflection" version="4.3.0" targetFramework="net472" />
  <package id="System.Reflection.TypeExtensions" version="4.5.1" targetFramework="net472" />
  <package id="System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe" version="4.5.2" targetFramework="net472" />
</packages>

You need to downgrade your version of Fody to 3.x. We don’t currently support Fody 4.x+ but we plan to offer support with the next version of Realm.

Hi nirincheve,
Realm 4.2 has dependencies:
Fody (>=6.0.0)
Realm.Fody (>=4.2.0)

what to do in this case?

Use the newest version of Fody.

I followed the answer below which basically asks to check the 3.x upgrade guide
Thanks to you both.

Hi!

I’m getting the same issue, however after following the steps of documentation I’m getting these errors:

MT5209: Error: library not found for -lrealm-wrappers (KraftSales.iOS) Native linking
Error MT5201: Native linking failed. Please review the build log and the user flags provided to gcc: -L/Users/dkpgrupo/Desktop/mochine-mobile-app-fair/packages/Realm.4.2.0/build/…/native/ios/universal -lrealm-wrappers -lz -framework Security
Error MT5202: Native linking failed. Please review the build log.
Error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

May someone give some ideas on how to proceed?

Seems like the native library is not found, which is odd. Can you try removing and adding the Realm package? Also can you make sure you don’t have the Realm.Database package installed in your project?